Commercial Smart Card System
Import and export of trade commodities by the country's private sector depends on some major certificates including membership at ICCIMA and having commercial card. On the other hand, only commercial card holders are able to do business in foreign trade in the country's private sector. Using commercial card, therefore, is not limited only to identify the businessmen and getting ICCIMA services and its branches, from long time ago, a wide range of transboundry trade services, including commercial order registration and clearance from the administrative customs of the country, have been based on submitting valid commercial cards from economic activists.
Given the extensive use of commercial card in Iran foreign trade and the importance of showing a reasonable image of Iranian products to the world, the affairs related to the issuance and renew the card as a transboundary commercial certificate, have been always an important issue for ICCIMA.
In this regard, reviewing the legal requirements and being ensure of adequate knowledge and capability, goodwill and the performance of commercial card applicant on the one hand and the necessity for offering the certificate to the various organizations involved in export and import and the existing straits for the country's foreign trade on the other hand, actually make difficult and time consuming the process of issuance, renew the cards and also enjoying the commercial for the businessmen. In addition, lack of a smart and unit system for card holders and applicants, was another reason that caused the country's foreign trade and process of offering services to the economic activists in many fields facing serious difficulties.
After electing Mohammad Nahavandian as the ICCIMA President, improving business environment, promoting knowledge level and capabilities of economic activists of the country underlined by ICCIMA seriously , so considering the various advantages of using Information and communication Technology as a device to develop and promote the business environment , the process of launching and establishing " Commercial Smart Card System" which is considered as a extensive, confident & facilitator system, was on the agenda of Iran Chamber aiming at managing the affairs related to membership and commercial cards.
Macro Objectives of the Commercial Smart Card System:
- Efficient management of processes related to commercial cards affairs
- Creating unity and integration among commercial card relevant procedures
- Offering electronic services related to commercial card
- Establishing online communication with other relevant systems
- Decreasing the time of work flow in transboundary trade
- Culturalizing and encouraging the economic activists to use electronic commerce
- Raising security , observing the privacy and preventing misuses
- Developing commercial cards usage utilizing digital certificate
- Developing the circle related to trade single window
- Raising the level of satisfaction of commercial cards holders
In order to launch and establish the "Commercial Smart Card System" and also according to execute the proclamation of The Supreme Leader regarding general policies of The Article 44 of constitution, clauses 3 and 10 of export and import regulations and its executive bylaw, clauses 10 & 18 of part "A" and clause 14 of part "B" of Ministry of commerce and ICCIMA cooperation charter , a trilateral Memorandum of Cooperation to establish " commercial card processes management system" among Ministry of Industry , Mine & Trade, Iran Chamber of Commerce, Industries ,Mines & Agriculture and Iran Central Chamber of Cooperatives signed on January 5, 2010 .
Based on the mentioned memorandum , the project executive team took the responsibility to establish and launch the system at the organizations of Industry, Mine & Trade in the, all Chambers of Commerce, Industries, Mines & Agriculture across and all the Iran Central Chamber of Cooperatives across the country, so that the operations related to commercial cards would be promoted. To this end, the project executive staff established at ICCIMA along with the system leading committee including ICCIMA Secretary-General, president of Trade Promotion Organization of Iran (TPO) and Central Chamber of Cooperative Secretary-General. Given the broadness and various dimensions of the project, three technical, legal and establishment workgroups formed as the consultative forces of the system leading committee to help the committee and the project staff.
In the begining, the project executive staff faced various systems in the organizations and different parts of the country which had been designed with certain approach and purpose, all of them, therefore related to the commercial card issuance and renew procedures .Hence, at the first phase, integration of information and the systems related to commercial card was put on the agenda by the project staff. The project staff at the ICCIMA Deputy for Information communication and Technology beside project contractors, utilizing different relevant experts, attending at organizations and entities related to commercial card across the country and performing numerous technical interviews and analysis, fulfilled the phase of designing the system and then launched the commercial smart card system after implementing it experimentally and nationally in the country. The system implemented and established extensively in the country in order to manage the commercial cards procedures using the previous cards without doing any change in the cards appearance.
Using modern and updated software and hardware technologies beside various communication fields in more than 100 centers in related organizations, holding more than 2500 men-hour workshops for 500 users with different cultural, knowledge and proficiency backgrounds, more than 100 work procedures related to the country s' transboundary trade were mechanized, meanwhile all Chambers of Commerce, Industries, Mines & Agriculture, all organizations of Industry, Mine & Trade, all Free and specialized economic-industrial zones organizations and all Iran Central Chambers of Cooperative across the country covered by the system. all commercial cards data in the country, therefore was registered and updated by the system and thus the possibility of smart management of commercial cards procedures was accomplished.
In the second phase, the process of executing the ''Commercial Smart Card System'' followed by the project staff with two major goals as below:
1-Creating connection among commercial smart card system and the systems related to transboundary trade in other national and international organizations
2-Chang the previous commercial cards (in the form of notebook) to the smart cards and utilizing smart technologies to promote the services for commercial cards holders.
To achieve the above goals, the organizations and systems related to the commercial card, surveyed in detail and precisely and according to the system standard desighning by which communicating with other software systems had been quite foresighted, creating connection with the relevant organizations (such as Iran Customs Administration, Trade orders registration system , ...)which used the software system.
Since in the recent years, the smart cards which considered as one of the modern achievements, caused a considerable change in the people routine applied systems and due to its exclusive features including security and being accompan, all comprehensive studies were done, so a convenient technology proportional to the needs of countries economic activists selected and provided.
It should to be noted today the smart cards is considered as one the efficient devices in Information and Communications Technologies industry along with other electronic exchanges systems.The banks, tele communications centres, state organizations, service institutions, amusement centres and ... enjoy the functional achievements of the technology.
Hence in order to promote the previous cards to the smart ones, extensive arrangements fulfilled and thus the process of cards replacement with coordination of related organizations has been started since February 2013.
Major Features of Commercial Smart Card System:
- Integrated and Complex
- Web based and Accessible
- Equipped with Electronic Dashboards and work flows system
- Support the Digital Certificate
- Dynamic, Fast and Easy
The role of Commercial Card System in promoting business environment of the country:
- To Facilitate and accelerate the process of offering services to the applicants and holders of commercial card:
- The possibility of applying commercial card services without the need to presence in person. (Commercial card issuance, certificate of origin form, economic consultation and …).
- To implement the system according to the laws and regulations and also to prevent applying personal preferences.
- To Transparent the performance of units related to the commercial cards affairs.
- To standardize the works flow and required forms for transboundary trade.
- To submit the reports and opportune management information in the various levels of decision making.
The prominent advantages of Commercial Smart Card System
- Opportune and online Management of card operations during different stages of card processes.
- Honoring and promoting the social responsibility of members using a extensive management system to communicate with the members(CRM)
- Coordinating and cooperating of organs and entities related to the transboundary trade in integrated and complex system.
- Raising the mutual confidence among the chambers, state sector and economic activists in order to transparent the operations and online information.
- Accessibility of opportune statistics and reports to make management decisions.
- Creating competitive environment regarding offering services to the members and card holders with developing information flow.
- Providing the possibility of offering lateral commercial services and facilities to the holders of commercial smart and membership card.
- Capability of defining subsidiary functions such as digital certificate, certificate of origin and … through Commercial Smart Card.
- Accelerating the promotion of chambers to enjoy the modern technologies and expand the efficiency of electronic commerce systems and technologies for chambers' members.
- Increasing security using secure features of Commercial Card and Digital Certificate to qualify members' identity, originality of services and the card related licenses.
- The possibility of confident usage of commercial card internal information and performing functions
- Increasing members' capabilities to offer mutual services through developing specialized social networks